POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Spotlight and media question : Re: Spotlight and media question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:26:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spotlight and media question
From: Slime
Date: 7 Jun 2002 00:42:16
Message: <3d0039a8@news.povray.org>
>  I do know one thing using absorption or emission alone, there is no
problem.

Hmmm!

Interesting. That gives me a little insight into what's happening.

Emmitting media gets brighter when there's more of it.
Absorption media gets darker when there's more of it.

When you combine the two, they fight against each other. In my experience,
absorption tends to win in the long run. I suspect that somehow, the way the
spotlight is causing your intervals to be split up, it's causing the
absorption to win in some cases and the emission to win in others.

Try fiddling with the intervals keyword. Use the command line parameter
+SP16 to get a fast render, and then set intervals to something like 100,
just to see if that removes the problem. Look for the smallest value you can
have that still keeps the problem away.

Also raise your max_trace_level... just in case.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]