POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Collision with energy loss : Re: Sliding / flowing Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sliding / flowing
From: Rune
Date: 27 May 2002 09:52:49
Message: <3cf23a31@news.povray.org>
Scott Moore wrote:
> I reckon the smaller and smaller bounces
> idea is correct

But this will never lead to sliding or flowing I think...

> - if you've ever seen a small ball bearing
> bounce on a horizontal piece of glass it
> seems to bounce many many times getting
> smaller and smaller until it stops bouncing.

But that's not the point here. If I have understood you correctly, ball
bearings don't have freedom of movement so it doesn't make sense to talk
about the incoming and outcoming angle... :/

You're right though that the bouncing often continues many many times,
but after the last tiny bounce the ball or particle should still roll or
flow or slide or whatever you want to call it. Did you see that image in
povray.binaries.images I mentioned?

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated May 20)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/