POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Collision with energy loss : Re: Collision with energy loss Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:30:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Collision with energy loss
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 27 May 2002 07:00:34
Message: <3cf211d2@news.povray.org>
Hi Rune,

Shouldn't the energy loss be based upon the angle of collision. ie if the
angle is 90 degrees, then maximum energy loss occurs. If the angle is
shallow i.e the particle is moving almost parallel to a surface and touches
that surface, the resulting slowdown will be small (things like the
surface's friction will come into play here - the particle may slide along
the surface)

After typing that, I re-read your post and realised that the above was your
third option! Third option gets my vote then ;-)

All the best,

Andy Cocker