POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Tech Question: How does POV's focal_blur operate? : Re: Tech Question: How does POV's focal_blur operate? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:32:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tech Question: How does POV's focal_blur operate?
From: Slime
Date: 24 May 2002 00:41:43
Message: <3cedc487@news.povray.org>
> Okay, that much I already knew, and the docs are good enough to
> explain how to use the feature in a typical POV scene. However, I
> could use a little more information for my current project. For the
> particular details I'm wanting clarification or confirmation on, see
> my next post in this news group, about 35mm Camera Emulation.

Your best bet might be to go into the source code and take a look at how
it's done. I looked at the source a long while ago, and if I remember right,
there's some sort of a "camera.h" (unless this part is within something like
"render.h" or something, i really forget) with an entire if block devoted to
if the focal blur is on.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]