POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radiosity Save/Load without re-pre-trace? : Re: Radiosity Save/Load without re-pre-trace? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:20:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity Save/Load without re-pre-trace?
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 26 Apr 2002 14:19:18
Message: <3cc99a25@news.povray.org>
Hugo wrote:

>>   Only error_bound seems to be computed when loading rad files, from my
>> experience.
>
> What about brightness and recursion limit?

  Sorry the late answer: I've now little time for POV-Ray. But I've just
tested more about loading rad files, and learned some more things.

  Brightness is indeed taken into account, but recursion_limit has no
effect on both render time nor quality. Count slows down rendering but
seems to not increases quality. I will keep testing...

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org