POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Brilliance and radiosity : Re: Brilliance and radiosity Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brilliance and radiosity
From: Hugo
Date: 20 Apr 2002 15:13:44
Message: <3cc1bde8$1@news.povray.org>
> Brilliance is the limit :)

I don't know. The math minded people here don't reply, and it's in their
hands to explain. I saw your link. I assume you used low quality radiosity
(it looked that way) and with the small size of the light, I'm satisfied.

From a human perspective it might seem easy to implement brilliance to pure
radiosity light. But the current radiosity feature typically gives strong
artifacts, even with very high settings and it can be soooo slow. To have
brilliance included might contribute to a messy looking picture, without
insane high settings.

I suppose when computers go beyond 10 Ghz, people will code better
simulations of light. And our images will still take hours to render. But
for now, patience is .... the limit.

Regards,
Hugo