POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : IsoCSG rounded shape macros : IsoCSG rounded shape macros Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:25:50 EDT (-0400)
  IsoCSG rounded shape macros
From: Reuben Pearse
Date: 19 Apr 2002 05:55:11
Message: <3cbfe97f@news.povray.org>
Hi all

I am tying to create some shapes in POVRay 3.5 (beta.RC1) using Christoph
Hormann's IsoCSG Library (version 0.4) and
I have a couple of questions:

1. I want to create a rounded cylinder using the IC_Cylinder shape macro in
the iso_rcsg.inc (Rounded Shapes).
However the cylinder I get just looks like a normal cylinder created using
POV primitive. Below is the code I am using:

//=======================================================
#version 3.5;

global_settings {
  assumed_gamma 1.0
}

background { color <0.750,0.500,0.300> }

camera {
  location    <-10, 25, 10>*1.5
  direction   y
  sky         z
  up          z
  right       1.33333*x
  look_at     <0, 0, 1.7>
  angle       15
}

light_source {
  <-1000, 2500, 5000>
  color rgb 1.2
}

#include "iso_rcsg.inc"
#declare fn_1 = IC_Cylinder (-x, x, 0.8)
#declare fn_XX= function { fn_1(x, y, z) }

isosurface {
  function { fn_XX(x, y, z) }
  max_gradient 1.6
  contained_by { box { -8+z*5, 8+2*z } }
  pigment { rgb <0, 0.2, 1.1> }
  finish { specular 0.3 }
  scale 1.2
}

How do I create a smooth rounded cone using this macro?
What are general principles I need to use to get round edges on a object
created with IsoCSG?

2. How do you use the macros in the IsoCSG to do the equivalent of the blob
threshold as detailed in the POV help section 3.6.3.5

Thanks in advance

Reuben
doo### [at] breathemailnet