POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Keeping objects spaced enough using Array? : Re: Keeping objects spaced enough using Array? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:29:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Keeping objects spaced enough using Array?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 25 Mar 2002 05:52:54
Message: <3c9f0186@news.povray.org>

Skiba <abx### [at] babilonorg>  wrote:

>> Actually, this implies it isn't possible to make an array (of arbitrary size,
>> of course) an element of another array, or is this possible?  I have to admit
>> I never tried, but from the code I cannot really see a reason why it
>> shouldn't be possible other than as being a yet another parser limitation...
>
> something related
> <http://news.povray.org/6lpkut0vdh0h6gljr7u2v4mip6olddkmel%404ax.com>

Yes, exactly!  I was sure it couldn't be a new idea, but somehow few people
have discovered everything possible with arrays yet.

BTW, when building trees recursively there is always the macro recursion
limit, but trees with a height of 98 are either very big or not well balanced
anyway...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde