POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Keeping objects spaced enough using Array? : Re: Keeping objects spaced enough using Array? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:19:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Keeping objects spaced enough using Array?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 25 Mar 2002 04:45:43
Message: <3c9ef1c7@news.povray.org>
In article <slr### [at] fwicom> , Ron Parker
<ron### [at] povrayorg>  wrote:

> It wouldn't be any slower than a regular binary tree, but it would have a
> limit on the maximum depth, it would take up more storage than absolutely
> necessary, and it couldn't be balanced.

Actually, this implies it isn't possible to make an array (of arbitrary size,
of course) an element of another array, or is this possible?  I have to admit
I never tried, but from the code I cannot really see a reason why it shouldn't
be possible other than as being a yet another parser limitation...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde