POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : povray philosophy: groping for the Brick Wall : Re: povray philosophy: groping for the Brick Wall Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray philosophy: groping for the Brick Wall
From: Rune
Date: 19 Mar 2002 17:18:36
Message: <3c97b93c@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:
> This is the concern.  How many levels of complexity
> can I have?

Lots. I wouldn't worry too much. Besides, it should be possible for you to
test your system many times during the development. It's not like you spend
many months making it modular, and then at the end to your surprise you find
out that it's way too slow.

> macros in macros in macros in blobs in unions in unions?

Doesn't sounds that bad.

Also remember that complexity of code is by no means directly proportional
to requirement of resources.

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/