POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How to calculate Banking of Bezier-Splines...? : Re: How to calculate Banking of Bezier-Splines...? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to calculate Banking of Bezier-Splines...?
From: Rune
Date: 23 Feb 2002 10:26:00
Message: <3c77b488@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" wrote:
> If you place spheres on a bezier-spline (just anexample),
> they will clutter up on beginnings and ending of a section.

That really depends on the lengths of the tangents (the two direction
vectors). The way I usually use bezier splines, the spheres are not
cluttered up around the ends. And thinking about it, when they *do* clutter
up around the ends due to short tangents, it's actually because the
curvature is higher near the ends... The curved parts usually have denser
spheres in general.

> It's like looking at a millimeter of a 100 meter curve...

As I said, why not use bigger differences in T values?

> In general, a section has some sort of curvature, and I would
> like to use some general sort of the centrifugal force.

See above.

> Its not very easy to explain...

Hmm, apparently not... :(

Rune