POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How to calculate Banking of Bezier-Splines...? : Re: How to calculate Banking of Bezier-Splines...? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:27:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to calculate Banking of Bezier-Splines...?
From: Rune
Date: 23 Feb 2002 07:40:05
Message: <3c778da5@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" wrote:
> Bezier-Splines stay longer on the beginnings and
> ends of a curve

I'm not sure what you mean by "stay longer".

> and when using very small values for the difference
> between the Ts, the three positions may line up,
> resulting in weird centrifuges.

I don't understand. If the three points line up it's either because there's
no centrifugal force at that point or because you're using so small
differences in T values that POV-Ray don't give you precise enough results.
Can't you just use larger differences in T values?

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)