POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Palm trees from primatives : Re: Palm trees from primatives Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:28:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Palm trees from primatives
From: bob h
Date: 23 Feb 2002 02:59:20
Message: <3c774bd8@news.povray.org>
"Wanderer On The Road" <non### [at] fakeaddresscom> wrote in message

> Well actually I was thinking about image_maping the render on to a polygon
> and then unioning that to the painter's canvas. Is that the sort of thing
> you meant?

Close enough anyway.  Simply that it would take at least two objects,
whether it be plane + plane, box (infinitely thin) + box, polygon + box, or
whatever.  One to hold the image, one to act as layer over it.  Except what
you describe means yet another polygon would be needed to place in front of
the image polygon, for the way I was talking about.  Which is a physical
object layer holding a transparent yet normal and finish modified surface on
top of a unmodified image.

Might seem more complicated than it is, but that's how I might proceed to
work around the "cannot layer patterned textures" problem that otherwise
happens with a material map being applied as layered texture.

bob h