POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Palm trees from primatives : Re: Palm trees from primatives Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:16:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Palm trees from primatives
From: Wanderer On The Road
Date: 8 Feb 2002 21:39:06
Message: <3c648bca@news.povray.org>
"bob h" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote in message
> "Wanderer On The Road" <non### [at] fakeaddresscom> wrote in message
> Not one of the more particularly "advanced" questions seen in this group.

Yeah well, I wasn't seeing an easy way to do it.

> Sure, CSG of spheres or cylinders in a #while loop could make palm fronds.
> Just clip a section out then transform into place along a spine which
could
> also be simply a section of sphere or cylinder.  Depends on how near you
> expect to be looking at it but if from far enough away it wouldn't matter
> how thin the parts are.
> The most difficulty (but not too much so) would be aligning the individual
> leaf segments along the spine.  They are most always ellipses and not
> perfect circled curve segments.  Scaling would go the same way.

Interesting. I've tried to do some stuff with #while and failed. Before and
I'm interestid in this spline() function in 3.5 I'm assuming that it's
documented. Any good tutorials for that sort of thing? Oh and if it makes
any difference this will be appear in a painting with in the scene.

--
Wanderer On The Road
     Many religions are the story of man trying to reach out to God