POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Color changes depending on direction : Re: Color changes depending on direction Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:24:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color changes depending on direction
From: bob h
Date: 8 Feb 2002 15:09:05
Message: <3c643061@news.povray.org>
"Simon Adameit" <gom### [at] gmxde> wrote in message

> > It can be done, about like you said but use a two layer texture
containing
> > reflections that have opposing min, max values with different color
> vectors.
>
> You can do it with one texture:
> reflection{red 1, blue 1 }

Ah, thrifty  :-)

Although, without metallic all you'd see is reflection of the surrounding
environment.  In other words if nothing in the scene is red or blue, or only
vaguely colored so, you can't see those colors.  Only way I can figure then
to get both to show for certain is by using two textures containing two
different colors with metallic, to be sure to show them.

bob h