POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : The Harcore Povrayer Test : Re: The Harcore Povrayer Test Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:13:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Harcore Povrayer Test
From: PoD
Date: 1 Feb 2002 06:31:09
Message: <3c5a7c7d@news.povray.org>
I got 25.
Some observations.

You never include the povray include libraries (like colors.inc) because
they slow parsing, but always define your colors, textures, etc by
yourself.
  Not because they are too slow to load but because it's usually faster to
  write what I want than to look it up in the includes.

You only use the png format when working with povray. You always use it
with alpha channel.
  No, only when appropriate.
  I'll credit myself with another point for that thank you ;)

You know if some special feature is already implemented in the POV-Ray 3.5
standard include files (and thus you know you don't have to implement it
yourself).
  I'll be getting 3.5 when the source code comes out.

You often debug your povray code using the text message streams.
  How else?

--
PoD.