POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Poser3 to PovRay 3.1 : Re: Poser3 to PovRay 3.1 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:11:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser3 to PovRay 3.1
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 4 Jan 2002 15:27:56
Message: <3c36104c$1@news.povray.org>

3c3609cb@news.povray.org...
> Is it possible to put a poser character with
> his own texture from Poser3 to PovRay 3.1 ?

Poser 3 characters have one texture once converted.
Using an image map (uv map) can solve partly the problem but only with a
version of Povray that recognise uv mapping (such as Megapov or 3.5). IIRC,
even then, it may be necessary to export separately some of the body parts
(particularly the hair). (Poser 4 is much more straightforward).
TIFF support is currently very buggy in 3.5, so I suggest that you use JPEG,
PNG or TGA (if transparency is needed) instead.
BTW, I have a tutorial in French about uv mapping and Poser characters
http://www.oyonale.com/ressources/francais/tutuv.htm.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com