POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : blinn reflection model : Re: blinn reflection model Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:13:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blinn reflection model
From: Tony[B]
Date: 15 Dec 2001 12:36:52
Message: <3c1b8a34@news.povray.org>
> IIRC The blinn highlighting model (is it the same?) was part of patched
POV
> called MegaPOV ( http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm ).

It was included in MegaPOV by Nathan Kopp at my insistance. (After I
provided him with a good explanation of the model.)

> IIRC there were some
> description (probably in povray.unofficial-patches) why it is not ported
into
> official 3.5 but I'm sure it was considered.

I'll have to look that up. I was not entirely sure why it was not in. I
usually respect the Team's decisions in this regard and keep my mouth shut.
Although I must say I was disappointed.