POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Inaccurate sqrt-function? : Re: Inaccurate sqrt-function? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:25:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inaccurate sqrt-function?
From: Rune
Date: 11 Dec 2001 11:02:11
Message: <3c162e03@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" wrote:
> Sorry folks!
>
> Problem was, within all those hundreds lines of code,
> there was a line that applied the generated resize again.

Yep, I knew that before I saw this reply...

The thing is, when you have a scene with hundreds of lines of code and it
acts strange it's almost *always* a bug in *your* code and not in POV-Ray.
So generally a bug should never be assumed before you have a minimum scene
where the problem is triggered a specific place where it definitely
shouldn't.

With some experience you get the ability to do a qualified guess if a
strange behavior is caused by a bug in your own code or in POV-Ray. I could
tell that the problem you described was almost definitely a flaw in your
code... :)

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Nov 5)