POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Alternative to CSG : Re: Alternative to CSG Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alternative to CSG
From: Slime
Date: 9 Dec 2001 01:23:06
Message: <3c13034a$1@news.povray.org>
Make an object that defines the doorway shape that you want to cut out.

Then, before placing any blocks, test to see if the center of them is inside
the doorway object by using the inside() function (look it up in the
documentation). Don't place them if they're inside the object.

- Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]
[ http://www.slimeland.com/images/ ]

<jki### [at] zworgcom> wrote in message news:1103_1007820242@jkior...
> Hello (should this be posted on the newusers group?),
> I'm constructing a tunnel out of many small blocks - fairly simple stuff.
However, I'd like to cut a hole in it, for a doorway. Since I'm using while
loops, I don't see any way
> to remove certain blocks, and #difference is *really* slow. Any
suggestions on this? By the way, deleting whole blocks to make the hole is
perfectly fine.

> Thanks!
> Jkior
>

> The image thus far: