POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Transparent plane with non-transparent shadows? : Re: Transparent plane with non-transparent shadows? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:25:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparent plane with non-transparent shadows?
From: Batronyx
Date: 8 Dec 2001 18:53:38
Message: <3c12a802@news.povray.org>
"Anders K." <and### [at] f2scom> wrote in message news:3c128c1f@news.povray.org...
> Thanks; my solution was similar to this, although instead of turning up the
> light, I added finish { diffuse 1 ambient 0 brilliance 0 } to the plane, so
> that the shadows of an area light would still be smooth. Although, it would
> still be nice to be able to do it with only one rendering.

Check here for another possibility of doing it in a single render. It is very
similar to Warp's idea of using an actual object but uses an object pattern
instead:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/19443/

The transformations become simpler as well, especially if you rotate your light
source into place and save that rotation as a transform{}. You can then use it
and some warp statements to make the texture. If you want, I can post an image
and some code later, but not right now: My family is hollering for me to come
help decorate the tree :)

Batronyx ^"^