POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Transparent plane with non-transparent shadows? : Re: Transparent plane with non-transparent shadows? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:30:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparent plane with non-transparent shadows?
From: Anders K
Date: 7 Dec 2001 09:02:42
Message: <3c10cc02@news.povray.org>
> Maybe  no_image  is all you need to put in the plane.  I did that for a
> drop-shadow of my desktop icons and used the result for wallpaper.

No_image on the plane didn't work. I think what you're thinking of is making
the *object* have no_image so all you can see is its shadow. I'm looking for
something slightly different; I want both the object and the shadow to show
up, but the rest of the plane to be transparent.

Any other ideas, anyone?

Anders