POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : [EMERGENCY] - Help with geometry... : Re: [EMERGENCY] - Help with geometry... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [EMERGENCY] - Help with geometry...
From: Rune
Date: 3 Dec 2001 16:50:03
Message: <3c0bf38b@news.povray.org>
"Mike Williams" wrote:
> I couldn't work out for myself where the little spheres
> should go, so I used the new trace() facility to work out
> where the edges of the mouse were located.

Hmm, seems like we came up with the exact same method.

But you forgot to take into account the fact that the spheres stick up
slightly of the surface on all non-horizontal surfaces, i.e. everywhere.
Thus the edge is not 100% smooth in your version...

Sorry, I had to point that out... :)

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Nov 5)