POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Tetrahedron Mesh to Mesh2 : Tetrahedron Mesh to Mesh2 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:31:08 EDT (-0400)
  Tetrahedron Mesh to Mesh2
From: Hugo
Date: 25 Nov 2001 14:03:29
Message: <3c014081$1@news.povray.org>
Hello!

I have Uwe Zimmermanns GEODESIC macro that creates Tetra- Octa- and
Icosa-hedrons with X number of faces. The macro create vertices in a
two-dimensional array and choose the faces from there. The array have holes
of uninitialized elements. The output is in the form of triangle { corner1,
corner2, corner3 }

I need to convert this to a mesh2 structure, either by modifying the macro,
or build a conversion-macro that sorts the triangles into a new
one-dimensional array with no uninitialized elements, and the faces into
another. I made such a macro experiment but with just 4000 faces it takes
several minutes to parse and wastes lots of memory. Warp's Hybrid_Quicksort
macro is probably a very nice help here, but I think the process of
conversion is still too time consuming.

I'm stuck, but I need this to work.

Regards,
Hugo