POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : accuracy ? : Re: accuracy ? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:33:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: accuracy ?
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 16 Nov 2001 15:56:45
Message: <3bf57d8d$1@news.povray.org>
"JRG" <jrg### [at] hotmailcom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> First of all I'd want to say  that I did not look to your macros (I'm sorry
so why did you repeat the whole thing then ?

> but hand editing meshes is not my strong point). That said, I think that
> this could be some floating point approximation problem. Maybe I'm
> completely wrong (in that case forgive me, please) but I think that with a
> mesh2 object you could avoid this problem (two coincident vertexes are not
> reapeted, are they?).
correct in parts ...
You can in mesh2 use one vertex for multiple triangles ..
but AFAIK you can also to the same mess, and put every vertex multiple
times in the list ...
Also, I just tried this algorithm the first time, and it was easier to
create with a normal mesh...
Maybe I'll try to port it to mesh2, but this will be quite hard ...

on the other hand, it was possible, by only changing some steps in the logic
of the computation, to clear these holes, but the thing is, I don't know, why
they happend here ... I don't believe here in accuracy things ... that would
be
to simple...

--
Jan Walzer <jan### [at] lzernet>