POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : POV-Ray & command line parametrization : Re: POV-Ray & command line parametrization Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:25:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray & command line parametrization
From: Tero Kukola
Date: 15 Nov 2001 18:10:29
Message: <3bf44b65$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,

> Declarations via command line/ini file are possible with Povray 3.5.
> Including files is not, but i don't think that would be necessary since
> you can use #if for conditional includes.
Superb! Include files as command line parameters could be used to easily
bundle a set of declarations. But, yes...this can be done with
directives+declarations and one include file.

> There is no problem with long filenames and memory with the cygwin
> version.  The only problem is speed, but that's nothing that seems to
> bother you. ;-)
Well, I was referring to the ms-dos version. And speed? Yes, starting the
Povray takes significant time compared to the actual rendering ;)

Tero K.