POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Ever worry about it all crashing down? : Re: Ever worry about it all crashing down? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:27:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ever worry about it all crashing down?
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 13 Nov 2001 14:01:23
Message: <3bf16e03$1@news.povray.org>

news: 3bf09650@news.povray.org...
> Have you ever been afraid to try something for fear you're only going to
> lock up your system or exceed the abilities of the software?

For this picture,
http://www.oyonale.com/ldc/english/chasm.htm

I was happily working on it until the computer started complaining due to
the combination of high-quality radiosity, isosurfaces, large image maps and
very large models. So I bought 512 Mb of RAM to be able to complete it
(remember that Norbert Kern bought a new computer to finish his IRTC winner
"Insects" picture).
Of course now that I'm used to 640Mb some projects can't get done at all so
I won't even start them (rad + iso + ior + focal blur + etc.).

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com