POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Help on isosurface - distances - other stuff... : Re: Help on isosurface - distances - other stuff... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:28:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help on isosurface - distances - other stuff...
From: Slime
Date: 13 Nov 2001 10:50:27
Message: <3bf14143$1@news.povray.org>
> If I do it this way for a torus, then you would be able to see, that
> there's some cheating, and not the original bozo-function ...
>
> What I wan't is not really to cut away these separated parts, but to avoid
> these "bubbles", that come from adding one function to another ...

Well, with a torus, you could modify the function so that it takes the same
value at any point moving away from the surface of the *torus* instead of a
sphere. That would be more difficult than the sphere example I gave, and, of
course, get even harder when working with more complex functions. Usually,
if I have a shape that complex, I just multiply the noise function by a
small enough value that no overhangs or floating peices appear. The downside
is that you can't have huge bumps. I'm not sure if there's an easy solution
to that problem.

- Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]
[ http://www.slimeland.com/images/ ]