POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Help on isosurface - distances - other stuff... : Re: Help on isosurface - distances - other stuff... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:27:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help on isosurface - distances - other stuff...
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 13 Nov 2001 01:34:22
Message: <3bf0beee@news.povray.org>
OK ... nice ... ;)
That's what happens, if you make your examples simple .... ;)

Of course this is a quite logical way...

And now imagine, not to use a sphere, but something more concave ...
I hope a torus will do the example ...

If I do it this way for a torus, then you would be able to see, that
there's some cheating, and not the original bozo-function ...

What I wan't is not really to cut away these separated parts, but to avoid
these "bubbles", that come from adding one function to another ...

My idea was, to raise the first function by a very high power...
that would have decreased these separation, but also decreased the depth
of the deformation of the parts, that I wantet to ...

OK ... I can imagine, it's hard to understand, what I want and what I did...
so I'll see if I can post a pic this afternoon, when I'm back ...

Thanx anyway

--
Jan Walzer <jan### [at] lzernet>