POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : modulo / math funktions : Re: modulo / math funktions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:22:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: modulo / math funktions
From: Slime
Date: 29 Oct 2001 14:46:11
Message: <3bddb203$1@news.povray.org>
Of course, then you've got the other extreme, where people think "My
question isn't advanced enough for this group," and it may or may not be
true, but I think it results in this group being very infrequently posted
to. What *would* qualify as an advanced question or discussion topic?

- Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]
[ http://www.slimeland.com/images/ ]

"Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] fwicom...
> On 29 Oct 2001 13:07:06 -0500, Warp wrote:

> >: BTW: there are much more advanced questions within
> >: povray.newusers group :-)
> >
> >   Which raises a question: Why do people post trivial questions in this
> > group? They should know that asking the syntax for a trivial function is
> > far from advanced.
>
> The usual thinking seems to go "well, this is where the advanced users
> hang out, so someone here is sure to know the answer to my question."
>
> Either that or the definition of advanced is "anyone more advanced than
> me."
>

> --
> #macro R(L P)sphere{L F}cylinder{L P F}#end#macro P(V)merge{R(z+a z)R(-z
a-z)R(a
> -z-z-z a+z)torus{1F clipped_by{plane{a 0}}}translate V}#end#macro Z(a F
T)merge{