POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Povray Parser for Moray : Povray Parser for Moray Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Povray Parser for Moray
From: Keith Hull
Date: 17 Oct 2001 12:20:40
Message: <3bcdafd8$1@news.povray.org>
Hi All,

I'm currently in the process of writing a Povray to Moray Parser, most of
the objects can be imported and csg's, I have a few things to sort out like
textures and declare statements. However my biggest problem is how I convert
Povray object vectors to Moray Scale/Rotate/Translate vectors e.g. for a
cone...
// How do I convert from this (Pov format)......
cone
{
 <-2,-1,1>, 4,
 <5,-6,4>, 2
  scale <0.5,0.5,0.5>
  rotate <12,36,8>
  translate  <-5,-1,1>
}

// to this (Moray format)......
cone {
  <0,0,0>, 4,
  <0,0,1>, 2
//  scale <x,y,z>
//  rotate <x,y,z>
//  translate  <x,y,z>
}
I can't change the base/cap vectors only the scale/rotate/translate vectors.
Does anybody have any ideas? For the translate I assume I can add the base
vector and the cone translate to get a Moray translation vector, but I'm
stumpted on the scale and rotate vectors.

Any help would be appriciated.....

Many Thanks,

Keith

BTW is this the best place to post this....... maybe it should have gone to
Pov programming?