POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : A macro I'm proud of I think (public Beta) : Re: A macro I'm proud of I think (public Beta) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A macro I'm proud of I think (public Beta)
From: MPunk3
Date: 3 May 2001 06:07:18
Message: <3af12dd6$1@news.povray.org>
Anybody want to take a crack at fixing the +/- normal problem?

My vector math skills aren't up to it -- I understand the basics, but
not enough to understand how they work together to make up the
final result. The macro appears to generate a plane in the correct
position and orientation, but the inside_point vector doesn't seem
to work right -- no matter what coordinates I specify, the plane always
ends up with the normal in the same direction.

It's a pretty nice little tool... any takers?