POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : inverse kinematics? : Re: inverse kinematics? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:29:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: inverse kinematics?
From: Rune
Date: 29 Mar 2001 15:09:30
Message: <3ac3967a@news.povray.org>
"Reusser" wrote:
> I agree completely, but I just found it to be a little easier
> with animations when the knee direction changes and you can
> just let the computer do the work instead of manually changing
> the direction.

I think perhaps generally it is easier to use the HipAxis method when the
leg movement is confined to a single plane, while with more free movements
the manual KneeDirection is more intuitive. Just a thought.

By the way, I have uploaded the scene file to my website for future
reference. (Questions like yours come up once in a while...)

http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/3d/goodies/goodies.html

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated March 29)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org