POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : rendering speed : Re: rendering speed Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rendering speed
From: Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba
Date: 8 Mar 2001 06:58:54
Message: <3aa773fe@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote in message <3aa76cce@news.povray.org>...
>  AFAIK that can improve the rendering speed a lot

hmm, I can simple reorganize my macros to return only sets of traingles and join
it as one mesh at end - but what about texturing ? I have to use 12 textures in
over million triangles. It is imposible to split it into 12 meshes becouse they
are mixed in groups. How it increase memory if I apply texture to every triangle
?

> (I don't know if povray can optimize a union of several meshes this way.
> Does someone know?)

Does someone know?

ABX