POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : File Read Problem : Re: File Read Problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:29:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: File Read Problem
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 5 Mar 2001 19:59:36
Message: <3aa43678@news.povray.org>
David Vincent-Jones <geo### [at] galaxynetcom> wrote:
> Can somebody explain to me why the following code is halting at the second
> read. If I combine the first 2 reads then it fails on the last (third)
read.
>  Error message ...."file identifier expected but undeclared identifier
> NB_File found instead"
[snip]

Did you post the exact code?  After adding the opening bracket after the
prism, and removing the unused #end directive, the code rendered fine under
POV 3.1g and MegaPOV.  The error message indicates you are running out of
data (i.e. there are less points than the first number in the file
indicates).  POV-Ray undefines the file handle when it reaches the end of
the file.