POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Wind question : Re: Wind question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:23:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wind question
From: Rune
Date: 5 Mar 2001 18:13:31
Message: <3aa41d9b@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" wrote:
> In my particle system, I consider particles as infinitely
> small points,

Me too.

> with a constant wind resistance (not related to velocity).
[description snipped]

I do just the same except that I square the resistance, after advise from
several people from this group.

With the method I've used the particles move in a straight line. (The
velocity is not constant but the direction is.) I don't know if it is
supposed to be that way. I've also seen some very complicated methods
described here which I do not plan to implement. A simulation is fine for
me. Still, I'd like the simulation to look good.

I wonder how does the particles in your patch move when under the influence
of wind? (It's not the theory I'm interested in. I'd like to know, when the
experiment is actually done, do they move in straight lines or not?)

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 28)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org