POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Random number generator needed ! : Re: Random number generator needed ! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:29:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random number generator needed !
From: Rune
Date: 22 Feb 2001 17:31:27
Message: <3a95933f@news.povray.org>
"Geoff Wedig" wrote:
> Ok, so you want a random stream created based on two numbers,
> but one that doesn't show obvious connection to the strems based
> on any other two numbers.

Actually I need not a random stream but just a random number, i.e.:
I want a random number created based on two input numbers, but one
that doesn't show obvious connection to the random numbers based on
any other two input numbers.

The problem is exactly the same though.

> Ie, you need multiple random streams that are also random with
> regards to each other.
>
> Is that correct?

Sort of but not quite. I need not streams, just random numbers, but the
problem is to create those random numbers without using streams.

random(2,3)
random(2,4)
random(2,5)
random(2,6)

There should be no connection between those numbers above.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 28)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org