POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : max_intersections problem : Re: max_intersections problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:17:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: max_intersections problem
From: Alf Peake
Date: 10 Feb 2001 18:44:57
Message: <3a85d279@news.povray.org>
If its any help - I had a problem using around 6000 spheres to make a
rounded (welded) inside corner on a curve. Using merge{} instead of
union{} and playing with max_trace_level and
max_intersections in global settings eventualy helped.

Except in glass objects with that obstinate couple of black pixels, I
can't see much change increasing m_t_l above around 30. Sorry, but I
don't remember what m_i did to speed.

I used DOS versions of pov3.1g and mp0.6 and the stats output gave
useful help about progress.

Alf

> I'm working on my IRTC entry and am continuously getting I-Stack
overflows
> although i'm already using max_intersections above 1000.
>
> 1) Are there other things apart from intersection/difference
affecting
> this and what are the CSG constructions needing a high
max_intersections -