POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Question about photons : Re: Question about photons Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:26:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about photons
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 6 Feb 2001 11:23:47
Message: <3a802513$1@news.povray.org>
"Micha Riser" <mri### [at] gmxnet> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I have tried several things and the result/suggestions are below. But
glass (=
> many reflections/refractions), photons and folcal blur is a combination
that just
> will take some time to render.
>
> Suggestions:
> - use 'adc_bailout 1/16' in your global_settings
   ^^^ worth a try ...
> - use '+MB0' switch to turn on boundings
There is only the main object, and I don't think the single bubbles in the
glass will get bounded extra, will they ???
If they will, than it is surely worth a try, but I don't like to stop it
now, because I'm at line 184 after 2d4h41m.
> - you probably want to use 'ignore_photons' in your glass object; this
will not
> speed up the rendering much, but it is suggested in the docs
I want them all ! (also inner refraction and reflection)
> - focal blut makes your scene rendering about 10 times slower. have you
tried
> using the focal blur post processing filter? Though I don't know if it can
handle
> this scene correctly. But it is certainely worth a try
I know, that it can't handle this scene, because it "only" works with the
alpha-buffer of the image ...
The things, seen in the sphere would look like an pigment on the sphere...
> - are the area_lights really neccessary? Have you tried just to put
point_lights
> and see how much is the difference?
Sure ... I limited them to 2x2 I think ...
> - you might try to group your bubbles according to their location in the
glass
> sphere and union them together in bounding boxes. I don't know if that
will
> really result in a speeding up tough.
Group them ??? they're random ... I don't want to raise the parsetime by
doing an cluster-analasys in POV ;-)

> BTW: I'm just rendering a julia fractal of glass lit by colored
spotlights... it
> takes a little time for rendering as well.
We want to see it then ... *g*

PS: I'm worried about something other ... I got a paper in my Snailmail,
that the electricity
    will be down at 8th.Feb. ... The pic won't have finished till then ...
    Does the "+C"-Switch work together with "+SPxx" ???
    Does it work, when I have startet the original pic with "+SPxx"  ?
    I hope ...

--
Jan Walzer