POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Question about photons : Re: Question about photons Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:13:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about photons
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 4 Feb 2001 09:58:16
Message: <3a7d6e08$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3a7d598a@news.povray.org> , "Jan Walzer" <jan### [at] lzernet> wrote:

> well, does the number of photons affect the rendertime ???

Yes, they will.

> PS: My current scene will be done in about 10days ... anybody out there, who
> wants to do this on his puter ??? (I only used some photons,area-lights,
> dispersion, focal blur and variable reflection ... just a simple scene with
> 4 objects)

Of course it depends on your computer and image size.  If it isn't a 486
rendering 1024*768 it should not take that long.  You may want to tune your
settings and the scene should render is at most a few hours on any Pentium
class system.

    Thorsten

PS: This question better fits in povray.unofficial.patches because photons
are not an official feature...