POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Question about photons : Question about photons Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:28:21 EDT (-0400)
  Question about photons
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 4 Feb 2001 08:30:50
Message: <3a7d598a@news.povray.org>
well, does the number of photons affect the rendertime ???

I mean, I know it takes longer to parse, but:

If I increase the number of photons, will the rendering also take longer, or
are the photons just a kind of "pigment" (excuse this word), that is mapped
onto the surface, and is handled like a textur ???

PS: My current scene will be done in about 10days ... anybody out there, who
wants to do this on his puter ??? (I only used some photons,area-lights,
dispersion, focal blur and variable reflection ... just a simple scene with
4 objects)

--
Jan Walzer