POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How to do a fill in : Re: How to do a fill in Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:17:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to do a fill in
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 17 Jan 2001 13:41:09
Message: <3a65e745@news.povray.org>
Jean-Michel Grimaldi <jm### [at] viaecpfr> wrote:

> Geoff Wedig wrote:
>>
>> I have a set of points on the XY plane which have a clockwise order to form
>> a shape.  I want to fill this shape with something.  I can't use a prism
>> object for this purpose as it will eventually add a height element.

> Then just use a polygon{}.

No planar form will work, since the height component will get added later.
I am attempting to project a 2D shape onto a 3D shape.  I was working with
differences, but that didn't work, so I was trying to generate a mesh to do
it.  Since the base shape is 2D, I should be able (perhaps by breaking it
down further) to generate a mesh for the shape.  If I cannot, I can't hope
to do so in 3D.

Geoff