POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : wicker basket : Re: wicker basket Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:27:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wicker basket
From: John M  Dlugosz
Date: 16 Jan 2001 22:48:17
Message: <3a651601$1@news.povray.org>
> Where indeed?  I don't specify any bounding boxes internally in the Spline
> Macro File, as these will be overridden by POV-Ray unless the -UR command
> line option is used.  Instead, each torus is clipped using boxes that fit
> the desired segment as closely as possible.  Ideally, POV-Ray would the
> bound each torus by its clipping box.  You may find it's best to perform
> some manual bounding, however (at least for the union that forms the
> weaving, to prevent slow rendering above and below).

Right, I thought POV will autobound just fine.  There is no way the empty
areas should be computing intersections with the clipped segments!  Why
would manual bounding be required?  Is POV falling down on this particular
shape somehow?  Is there an infinite object somewhere in your macro that
messes it up?

--John