POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : i still do not have an answer yet : Re: i still do not have an answer yet Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:27:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: i still do not have an answer yet
From: Warp
Date: 14 Jan 2001 07:43:06
Message: <3a619eda@news.povray.org>
I just don't understand why you want to make this. What will you achieve
doing it?
  Your rendering speed will not be affected in any way.
  You will only cause yourself more trouble than it's worth.

  If you keep the transformations that put the object in the right place,
it's easier to see how the location was calculated.
  Also, what happens if you want to slightly modify one of the transformations?
Instead of just modifying one number in the transformations you'll have to
recalculate the whole thing again. Why, when povray can do it for yourself?

  Of course it's good to know the math to get the location of a point which
have been transformed because it can have some uses, but in my experience
one of these uses is not putting the result directly in the object
definition.

--
char*i="b[7FK@`3NB6>B:b3O6>:B:b3O6><`3:;8:6f733:>::b?7B>:>^B>C73;S1";
main(_,c,m){for(m=32;c=*i++-49;c&m?puts(""):m)for(_=(