POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : a math question : a math question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:13:16 EDT (-0400)
  a math question
From: Randolph Robnett
Date: 11 Dec 2000 16:20:40
Message: <3a354528$1@news.povray.org>
First let me thank everyone for there response to my question about making
water look as if it is funneling.
Lots of good ideas. Not having ever tried isosurfaces before, I am finding
this very interesting. So on with my question.
  I hope I am explaining this question correctly.
  I remember, way back in my days of algebra and trig, there being a
function 1/x that when plotted on an 'XY' coordinate would give you
something that looked like a funnel. Knowing these functions is there anyway
to use them in an isometric or maybe even a parametric surface. Maybe the
answer is in front of me and my math is just a little rusty, actually a
whole lot rusty
  Once again I thank you for your help and knowledge