POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Pattern-Arithmetics : Re: Pattern-Arithmetics Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:13:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pattern-Arithmetics
From: Daniel Schwen
Date: 12 Nov 2000 16:00:35
Message: <3a0f04f3$1@news.povray.org>
Hello Matt!
I tried to reply to your e-mail, to keep the thread from growing, but it
bounced.

> I am lost here. We are singing from the same hymnal. We agree it is a
> huge task. We agree POVray can't do it.
No offense, but actually we don't quite agree. There are two different
approaches. Mine, to calculate the interference pattern of a handful (say
10) pointsources (read: glowing dots in space :) workes quite well (at least
in terms of rendering time abt. 4h for 8000x8000 (PII 233).

> Where are we going with this?
Loco!

btw. did you ever punch in your name at google? That's certainly not you,
right?

Cheers,
Daniel