POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Earth-like planets : Earth-like planets Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:27:01 EDT (-0400)
  Earth-like planets
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 8 Nov 2000 08:56:50
Message: <3a095ba2@news.povray.org>
Does anyone have any hints/tips on generating
an earth-like planet in pov. Specifically continents
and islands with appropriate colours and clouds that
look reasonably realistic.

I've seen a couple of examples in p.b.i but I'm not sure
how they were done (image map or procedural)
and I haven't had much success in creating a reasonable
looking planet

Thanks in advance

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * System.dat not found.         *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Reformat hard drive Y)es O)k  *
* If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0               *