POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radiosity and brightness : Re: Radiosity and brightness Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity and brightness
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 7 Aug 2003 05:36:22
Message: <3F321D96.4E3C847C@gmx.de>
Hugo Asm wrote:

> If I increase the pigment in the light-absorbing objects (plane and sphere)
> it works, and the scene is able to turn white! Also, by setting a higher
> brightness in the radiosity block, I can get more light in the scene.. BUT..
> After much experimentation it seems, I am limited when objects can't really
> emit light with strength above 1.. Somewhere the value is clipped and I
> don't understand why.

It is actually not a limitation of the brightness objects can have, it is
a limitation of the radiosity estimation values.  A small and very bright
object will have a significant effect but if you make the whole sky sphere
brighter than white this will be clipped.  It will be changed in POV-Ray
3.5.1.  To work around the problem you can render your scene on a lower
lighting level and post process the result (16 bit output would be
recommended for this of course).

Christoph

Last updated 17 Jun. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______