POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : low_error_factor in Radiosity : Re: low_error_factor in Radiosity Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:36:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: low_error_factor in Radiosity
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 16 Jul 2003 08:38:31
Message: <3F154747.EC31A31F@gmx.de>
"Tim Nikias v2.0" wrote:

> [...]
>
> Now, I'd like to know: does low_error_factor do
> something else than what the documentation says,
> or have I misunderstood it? I've read section
> "6.11.11.2.7 low_error_factor" and it plainly says
> that it drops error_bound on the pre-final passes
> and sets it back on the final trace...

low_error_factor does exactly what the docs say, it reduces error_bound
during final pretrace step.  Very long render times probably have
different reasons.  Make sure you use exactly the same settings for the
renders you compare.

Doing such comparisons is often very interesting but you should not forget
that they strongly depend on the scene used.  Creating an universal
radiosity test scene is quite impossible.

Christoph

Last updated 17 Jun. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______