POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Bug in my code or in trace function? : Bug in my code or in trace function? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:31:28 EDT (-0400)
  Bug in my code or in trace function?
From: Xilo Musimene
Date: 10 May 2003 16:00:06
Message: <3EBD5A47.4030908@hotpop.com>
Hi,
   I've devellopped a little povray script that traces the surface of a
given object.  It outputs the result as XYZ coordinates of points along
the surface of the object.

   I can then read that file and draw an OpenGL scene with that object
in it...

   Here's how i proceded:

I scan the object from x=-1 to x=1 and from z=1 to z=-1 at a given
precision.

At each XZ point I trace from y=1 to y=-1 to find a surface of the
object and record every hit I get, when I get a surface hit, I trace
again starting from that exact vector down to y=-1.

Currently, I simply ignore a point with vector value of <0,0,0>.

My problem is that the scan I get is kind of scaled oddly...

You must see pictures sent on povray.binary.images to fully understand
what I'm trying to say...

Thanks for any info!
   Xilo

--
Dedicated to audio/visual and interactive artwork.
Author of The Primary Colors of CSound: